Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mumma's Got a Job!

So, random first post for my new blog, but definitely worthwhile. Mum got a job! Considering she hasn't worked since she was pregnant with me (about 20 years ago), this is quite a big deal for her ... and for all of us. Mum isn't exactly the most outgoing lady, and in some regards i'm quite similar in her shy and quiet nature, but for mum to be going out and working and meeting new people - a surge of hope has flowed through me for the first time in ages.

In some ways, it has helped bring me out of my current state of depression and loneliness and instead filled me with a renewed sense of hope and faith. Over the next few days, i will hopefully redo my resume and send it off to some places, most notably the Angus and Robertson bookstore at Riverlink, and the Network Video stores at Booval and just down the road at Winston Glades shopping centre. Hopefully, one of them will want to hire me, but i don't want to get ahead of myself.

Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment